- great mouthfeel
- hint of bitterness
- great balance
- fresh vanilla aroma
- layered & inviting
Thanks to the contributors on Beeradvocate, this beer has 1800+ reviews with a score of 94, (99 from The Bros!) and RateBeer which has 1877 ratings and a score of 99!
Rogue's 22oz (and 64, 101oz) bottle has food group symbols, as a suggestion for pairing this beer with food. The food symbols on Rogue Chocolate Stout are Beef and Dessert -- but I feel the strength of pairing this beer is with cheese! Here are some of my favorite cheese pairings:
- blue cheese from producers like Rogue Creamery, Jasper Hill Farms or the classic stilton from Colsten Bassett (UK).
- mature cheddars (with lots of crunch) like Upland's Pleasant Ridge Reserve, Fiscalini or Beechers 24 or 48 month old reserve.
- new styles like Touvelle from Rogue Creamery (sort of jack meets cheddar...)
- classic goat cheese like Cypress Grove's Humboldt Fog, or MozzCo's Hoja Santa.
- flavored cheese like Beehive's Barley Buzzed or Rogue Creamery's Chipotle Cheddar.
- a soft / bloomy rind like Cherry Grove's Buttercup Brie, Kunik form Nettle Meadow farms, or Dinah from Kurtwood Farms.
tags: @chocolatestout @rogueales