Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Boho Braises with Rogue Chocolate Stout

I love reading about chefs who cook with beer, and pair beer with their food--and diners who enjoy these meals and share their dining experiences and photos. I mailed Chef a postcard thanking him for using my beer in his braise -- cannot wait to visit SoCal and make my own pilgrimage to Boho in LA. Thanks to foodshethought for the shout out.



HM ordered the short ribs, and luckily for me she loves to share. Braised in Rogue chocolate stout and guajillo chiles, this had just a trace of sweetness, much less than the oxtails. I loved the pearl onions and carrots. In the back of the photo you can see the buttered spaetzle making an appearance. Yum.

http://foodshethought.blogspot.com/2009/05/second-chances-at-boho-hots-misses-but.html