Friday, May 28, 2010

Rogue Chocolate Stout Gelato in the City of Brotherly Love


As posted in Philly Beer Scene Magazine....

The perfect way to enjoy a beer in Summer.

One of the first things I fell in love with in Philadelphia, aside from beer, was Capogiro. As soon as I walked in and saw the bizarre flavors such as basil, cucumber, avocado and champagne mango sprinkled with cayenne, I knew I found something special. Then, after trying it I realized it was even more special than I initially thought. Already in love with this, you can only imagine my reaction when I walked into the 13th and Sansom location last March during Philly Beer Week and found a Rogue Chocolate Stout gelato amongst a few other beer flavored offerings. Rich and creamy gelato with malty, delicious beer, it’s almost impossible to go wrong with that combination. [snip]

As for what flavors we can expect this year: Stephanie only promised Rogue Chocolate Stout and Guinness again.

Three cheers to John and Stephanie Reitano and the crew at Capogiro!